Monday, January 20, 2014

Sex & Violence

Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian is simply not my cup of tea…  Obviously there is a lot of sex and violence, but I was still shocked by the extreme casualness associated with the sex and the lack of any real recourse.  I was also taken aback by the glorification of drug use and the extensive use of curses.  Ultimately, while the characters were lovable and well-developed, the story line was lacking.  This left me frustrated that I had endured the sex, violence, drugs, and curses for nothing - with the story hanging mid-thought without any conclusion.  It not only saddens me that there are (probably many) teenagers who live this lifestyle, but it is beyond upsetting that teenagers may rationalize these life choices when they are provided with role models in books who make these same choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment